Maintenance – $175 + TAX
Returning students: $150 + TAX
For more information on our Loyalty pricing for returning students, please see our Pricing page.
Maintaining your Motorcycle RTI Motorcycle Maintenance Course
This motorcycle maintenance course is designed to give motorcyclists the simple skills required to keep their motorcycle in a safe operating condition, perform simple preventative maintenance and determine when a professional’s touch is required. Students will gain hands-on experience by performing basic maintenance procedures on an RTI motorcycle and using their own motorcycle for reference and comparison throughout the course. The course is eight-hours in length covering basic motorcycle engine, clutch and transmission theory; proper tools for your toolbox and what to carry with you when riding; multi-point technical inspections on final drives, forks and tires; basic maintenance procedures such as oil changes, brake pad replacements and chain adjustments; what to look for when buying a used motorcycle; winter storage and general troubleshooting.
This course is held at our Scarborough location from 8:30am – 4:30pm on Saturdays, with Sunday being the rain date.
Visit our schedule for our current course dates!
Disclaimer: This program is not intended to certify you, nor will it make you a motorcycle mechanic. After completion of this course, you will obtain a better understanding of motorcycles and the potential problems that will affect the operation of your motorcycle.
- Gain hands on experience using RTI motorcycles
- Observe how to perform similar operations on your own motorcycle
- Perform basic maintenance such as: changing levers, an oil and filter change, brake pad replacement, adjusting chain tension, etc.
- Save money on future maintenance costs
- We’ll provide the tools, you provide the enthusiasm!
RTI will provide the following in order to facilitate this course:
- Basic hand tools
- Tents for shelter from sun/rain
- Student handouts
- Miscellaneous shop supplies (shop rags, brake cleaner etc.)